Tegan + Dan | White Rock Wedding Highlights

This past weekend I was lucky enough to film Tegan and Dan Klenner’s wedding. Tegan and I have known each other since we learned to walk and talk. I went to church with her when we were toddlers and we went through kindergarden to grade 12 together. Needless to say, we go way back. Dan entered Tegan’s life a couple of years ago and they fell deeply in love pretty quickly. They both have a passion for music, art, Value Village and the Church, which makes them pretty much made for each other. I was so excited when I found out they were engaged that I jumped at the chance to film their wedding. I reached out to them and lucky for me they loved the idea.
This wedding was truly one of a kind. The vintage inspired theme was spread throughout the entire day with lots of feathers and beach cruisers (check out Tegan and her friend’s awesome vintage apparel and accessory company here). Tegan walked barefoot down the aisle for the backyard ceremony accompanied by music from Dan’s former band mates of Hey Ocean. So awesome! I’ve never been to a wedding with such amazing live music. Dan is an incredibly talented musician and has tons of friends in the Vancouver music scene (Hey Ocean, Said the Whale, We are the City, etc.)
Below is their highlight film. I hope you enjoy it.
Also a little side note… Laurell and Trevor’s Wedding Film was featured on the cover of Style Me Pretty Wedding Blog yesterday. Check it out here and leave some comments!

11 Comments

1. natasha says:

wow, you did an incredible job – truly breathtaking!!

2. Linda Carlson says:

made me cry (in a good way)

3. Kelli says:

I agree with momma Carlson! Well done Erin & Mac!

4. ah! that wedding looks rad. i want to have been there! hah!

5. Andrew Noon says:

Mac. This looks awesome, looks like you’re rockin’ a slider these days! Those shots look amazing. Also love the color grading you did don this, very film stlye look. Keep up the good work!

6. Maclean says:

Thanks Nooner! Yeah they’re a couple who love all things vintage so I thought a vintage film grade would suite the film perfectly. Yeah man the slider is awesome. Well worth it.

7. Alicia-Rae Light says:

Mac!

This is absolutely amazing, wow. Not that it could have possibly have been too tough with such a gorgeous bride :) But really, wow, so impressed this is so well done. Congrats!

x.

8. Maclean says:

Thanks so much Alicia! So glad you enjoyed it! Yeah it wasn’t too hard with Tegan in front of the camera that’s for sure.

9. Hi! I’m from Brazil and saw your video today. Please please! tell the name of this song in this short video, I LOVE IT! all the things, make me cry. Excellent job! I really love it!

10. Maclean says:

So glad you like the film!This song was actually recorded by a friend of mine and isn’t available to download. It’s called “Brick and Mortar” by Andrew Mctaggart. Thanks for the kind words! :)